I’m not the type of person to bring sandwiches and chips to school. I like eating as clean as I can for lunch because that’s just the way I am. I like having a lot of protein, good carbs, and veggies in my meal so here’s a few lunch ideas to go!
#1 Quinoa Bowl
This lunch idea is an easy one.
The night before I cook a pot of quinoa and then I have leftovers for lunch all week! I also boil about 6 eggs at the beginning of the week to have on hand.
I cut up half a bell pepper and chop a boiled egg and mix it with a cup of quinoa. Tada!
- Quinoa is high in calories, carbs, and protein.
- Eggs are low in carbs and have 6-7 grams of protein per egg.
- Bell peppers are high in antioxidants and potential anti-cancer benefits.
#2 Greek Yogurt Bowl
I love bowls of stuff. Yum. This is more of a breakfast thing, but there have been many times where I take this mix to lunch and it’s the perfect combo!
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- Stevia (Or sweetener of choice)
- Fruit of choice (I go for the banana or the apple)
- Nut of choice (I go for pecans, but almonds or walnuts go well too)
- And Granola (Optional)
- I recommend Bear Naked Granola
- Cinnamon (An anti-inflammatory and metabolism boosting spice—We should all get in about 1 tsp. a day)
You can either prepare this ahead of time and put in a container or put it all together at lunch. You choose.
- Greek Yogurt is full of protein. The non-fat and plain kind, is lower in calories, fat, and sugar.
- Stevia is a natural plant based sweetener. Available at stores or I like to get mine on Swanson’s
- Fruit is essential in my book. Any type of fruit you choose is going to be good for you and add a lot to your diet.
- Nuts are good fats that…well, are good for you. I like getting my fats through (coconut oil) and nuts. Don’t go overboard with nuts…they are high in calories, but they are so good for you.
- And I love granola because it adds a delicious crunch to my yogurt! Plus, it adds more protein and some good carbs to your meal to help keep you feeling satisfied longer.
#3 Quinoa/Rice, Chicken, and Sweet Potato
As I said before, I like to cook quinoa the night before or the beginning of the week to have for lunch.
But I also will cook extra grilled chicken for myself to have on hand as well.
And I also like baking sweet potatoes in a bunch too.
- Chicken is one of my favorite go-to proteins! It’s so good and can be made into anything!
- Sweet potatoes are so good. Just saying. They are a runner’s best friend!
#4 Hummus spinach wrap
- Spinach Flat-Outs or a whole wheat tortilla
- Turkey or chicken
- 1/2 Avocado
- Handful of spinach
First put the hummus on the flat-out. Then lay down the spinach leaves and turkey. Slice the avocado and put on top. Fold!
- Flat-Outs are about 90 calories
- Turkey or meat of choice is full protein
- Hummus has fats and is way better than mayo. Plus it has zinc because of the chick peas, which is essential to keep colds away!
- Avocados are a fat fruit…HAHA. But they really are full of fats and calories but oh, so good for you!
- Spinach is actually 30% protein and low in calorie. It’s a super food!
#5 Pre-made Kale Salad
- Lemon juice – from 1 lemon
- Sliced baby tomatoes
- Chopped bell peppers
- 1/2 tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 avocado
Let the kale sit in the balsamic vinegar and lemon juice for a while. Mix in the vegetables. TA-DA!
- Kale is one of the main super foods. I love it so much!
- Lemon juice is actually a good alkaline balancer (is that even a word?) even though it is considered acidic.
Well, there are 5 quick ideas to prepare and have for your lunch!
And you can always add more to your lunch, these are just part of the meal or you can have it as your whole meal if you want. All up to you!
Have a good day!
Gotta head to a play I’m performing in!
- Do you like preparing your lunch ahead?
- Do you eat clean?
- Do you like these type of posts?