Once again, we have salmon cakes for dinner! I love these things! Plus, I have leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Which makes my food prepping a little easier.
I put some sweet potatoes in the oven while thinking about what to cook.
So, I got a head start on chopping vegetables and making guacamole before I started on the salmon cakes.
I told my mom to see if she could grab some blue chips for the guacamole, and she did
I must warn you…these are delicious. And rather addicting. I had to force myself to stop.
I finally got everything cooked and ready to eat
My dad ended up cooking some black beans, which was a genius idea. Yum
A little while later, I made dessert for myself. Everyone else had cheesecake, but I skipped out on that and had a clean chocolate pudding. Its super simple.
- Plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. of Stevia in the Raw (According to what Stevia you have, the measurements will be different…If I had pure powdered Stevia, I would only need 1/2 tsp. Or if you have Stevia drops, you may only need 1-3 drops.)
Mix all together! Eat plain or with some fruit! Or put on top of pancakes!
I use a lot of exclamation points…I think I’ll stop.
My weekend is usually spontaneous and full of family time so its always hard to plan things out like I do during the week. So by the end of Saturday, I kind of feel a little unmotivated.
When Sunday afternoon rolls around, I know that I have a whole week ahead of me, so I start thinking of meals to cook that I can have for leftovers for lunch, quick breakfast ideas, and my workouts. This starts getting me motivated!
I’m a Pinterest girl, so I look back at all my pins and try to come up with some ideas. I like my Mondays to be simple so I’m going to give you an example of what my Monday is going to be like.
- Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, big glass of ice water, cup of coffee, my vitamins
- Lunch: 1 leftover salmon cake, lots of spinach, 1/2 sweet potato
- Snack: Applesauce with protein powder
- Workout: 1 mile warmup + 4X800’s + 2X400’s + 1/2 mile cooldown = 4 miles.
- + 6 minute plank workout + some extra core work + stretching
- Dinner: Salad with leftover vegetables from today
Now, if you happen to like these 1 day plans, I can do one every night to kind of show you how I stay motivated and organized. Please let me know if you do
Spring Scramble 5K Training
I am also starting my training for a future 5K that is on my birthday, April 6, so I will be sharing a lot of my training techniques and workouts on here as well. I did Cross Country at the beginning of the school year…
(I was freezing cold that day. It had poured down rain before the race, it was in October so we still wore our shorts and tanks, it was 40 degrees, and I had to walk and race in thick, disgusting mud)
Then I went straight into half marathon training + PR’d, and now I’m ready to jump back into short distance. I really want to get my 5K time down!
- Do you like running 5K’s?
- How do you stay motivated?
- Do you like my little one day plans?