Does that not look delicious? Boy, do I have a good recipe for you! I am super busy, but I just had to put this up on the blog. It’s too delicious
I had a purple cabbage in my refrigerator…so I had to come up with something scrumptious for dinner!
After contemplating on slaw, I realized I had no easy way to shred my cabbage like most slaw…so I finally figured out what I wanted to do! If you try this recipe, you might drool a little while you eat it.
It’s that good.
Purple Cabbage, Apple, & Pecan Stir-Fry
- 1 small-medium purple cabbage, shredded or chopped (I pretty much chopped mine)
- 2 organic Fuji apples
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 TBSP. organic honey
- 2 TBSP. olive oil
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 TBSP. coconut oil for the frying pan
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat your pan on medium-high and coat with coconut oil.
- Place the shredded or chopped cabbage in a mixing bowl.
- Chop the apples into bite sized pieces. Mix with the cabbage. Toss.
- Whisk the next three ingredients together. Pour onto the cabbage&apple mixture.
- You might have to half the mixture when you start cooking it in order to fit into pan. Don’t forget to salt and pepper the mixture.
- Preheat oven on high broil. Roast the pecans for 1-2 minutes until done. Do not let them get too done.
- The cabbage mixture should cook for 10-15 minutes
- Chop pecans and pour on top of the cooked cabbage&apple mixture when that is done! Serve!
I served mine with black rice and a leftover salmon cake! Delish!
I hope you try it some time when you decide to pick up a cabbage
*This meal is clean, healthy, and yummy
I have some cool finds for you today. From TJMaxx. I love that place. They have the coolest food section. Well, look at what I found. And heads up, they’re tasty.
Hope everyone is having a splendid Tuesday! I must write an AP English paper! Eek.
- Do you like TJMaxx or Marshalls as much as I? I could easily spend a bajillion dollars in either of those stores…especially on athletic wear. Gym clothes for the win! WOO!