So I definitely failed as a blogger this weekend
I haven’t blogged since the end of last week, so I’m pretty behind. Got some catchin’ up to do!
Shall we begin? How about some chicken salad?
Rotisserie Chicken Salad
FACT: Chicken salad made with rotisserie chicken is ten times better.
Guess what? That’s so true. Try it, and you shall understand.
- 1 Rotisserie chicken, shred yourself (I got mine at Costco)
- A few stalks of celery (chopped fine) —-This is optional, and you can put in as much you would like because I know not everyone likes celery**
- 1 bell pepper (chopped fine)
- 1/2 purple onion (chopped fine)
- Salt and pepper
- A little cayenne pepper
- 2-3 scoops of non fat plain greek yogurt (It’s according to how you like the texture, I eyeballed mine)
***Shred the chicken and get all that assembled into a mixing bowl, add the yogurt till it is the texture you like, then the veggies. Mix. Add salt and pepper.
I ate mine on top of lots of chopped lettuce, salsa, and organic baby tomatoes.
This morning I got in 15 minutes of cardio by using this pinterest workout
It’s one of my favorite quick workouts to get that cardio in!
I had a delicious, sweet, and green smoothie this morning! With protein of course…
- 6 frozen strawberries
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop of plain Jarrow’s Formula Whey Protein powder
- 1 big handful of organic baby spinach
- 1 small handful of organic lettuce
- 1 stalk of kale
- 2 stalks of chopped celery
- 1/2 tsp. Spirulina
- 1 scoop of almond butter
MIX IT in a blendaaa
Yummy, yummy! I know it looks gross and green, but remember the saying, “Don’t judge a book by its cover?”
When I got home from school today, I made a quick snack…well, I didn’t actually make it. I bought it from Costco from my trip there on Saturday…
An Organic Fuji Apple!
And you bet I ate some almond butter with that apple…but I didn’t take a picture.
I have come to the realization that a perfect pear is much tastier with almond butter than an apple is. Gasp! But to my taste buds, its is true!
And by perfect pear, I mean, it is not too ripe or squishy. But just ripe enough to actually be able to consume and slice perfect slices without pear juice going all over the place.
I warmed up and then completed two rounds of this 10 minute Cardio Tai Box Fit Sugar Workout for a total of 20 minutes!!! I was breathing so hard, which I didn’t think I was by just watching it. It was a real butt kicker.
I also got in a 5 minute plank workout and some Tara Stiles yoga stretching!
Okay, that’s part one of catching up! I have a yummy oatmeal recipe for you in the morning!
- Have you tried any new workouts recently?
- Anything awesome happen over the weekend?