As I promised yesterday, I have an awesome superset arm workout for you!
What is a superset?
- You have 3 supersets with 2 exercises in each set.
- You take one set at a time. Performing those 2 exercises for 3 rounds with NO rest.
- Then you take a 2 minute break
- Go on to the next superset and etc.
- For the first superset: I put 5lbs on each side of the barbell, making a total of 20lbs for me to lift. I used 5lb dumbbells for the hammer curls, but I really wish I had 10lb dumbbells.
- For the second superset: I used the 20lb barbell for shoulder press and 5lb dumbbells for the lateral raises.
- For the third superset: I used a 20lb dumbbell for the rows and 5lb dumbbells for the rear flys.
I’ve done this for two weeks and have seen a big difference!
Biceps are beginning to pop.
And I have to say this, but girls, lifting heavier weights just makes you more toned. You aren’t going to get big like Arnold Schwarzenegger. Like seriously…
And my dad sent me this article on a 102 year old man who strength trains and is still going strong!!! Amazing, you gotta read it! Its not long: Click Here
I got in 5 rounds and I was definitely sweating! This one was a good one. I want to get faster at pushups so I can get in 6 rounds!
Oh my goodness, I have an amazing recipe for you!
Gluten Free Protein Banana Pancakes
- 1 1/2 ripe mashed banana
- 4 tbsp plain non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites
- 1 cup of oat flour
- 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- and an additional 1/2 banana chopped to put in batter after all is mixed
Cook on medium heat. I ended up getting a random amount of pancakes but enough for 4 people.
I cooked up some Coconut Oil Cinnamon Apples from Tina’s blog and they were a perfect match with the pancakes.
And we had some bacon…of course. YUM!
*Due to these pancakes having whey protein in them, mine were a little dry…I guess you could leave out the protein powder and add an extra 1/2 cup of flour.
Have a good Saturday! Time to go do some Spring Cleaning
- Do you strength train?
- Have a favorite arm routine you would like to share?
- I LOVE banana pancakes, they’re my favorite. What’s you favorite type of pancake?