After church, I stopped by Publix to grab a few things I needed for the dish I was making.
And I made sure to grab a couple of things for homemade granola too!
Now…can I just move on to the recipes? I really want to share ASAP because these two things are A HIT to my taste buds! Boy, oh, boy!
- 1 cup thick rolled oats
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup almond slivers
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbsp. cup organic butter, melted (I used Whole Foods’ brand)
- 1/4 cup organic honey (or could use maple syrup)
- Combine oats, uncooked quinoa, raisins, almonds, and cinnamon together in a bowl. Separately, combine the egg white, melted butter, and honey in a bowl. After mixing both separately, then mix together until everything is coated with the wet ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees.
- Put the granola onto a sprayed baking sheet, like so…
- Cook on 225 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes*
“This entire batch of granola has 54.6 grams of protein”
Now, I ate mine with plain-nonfat Greek Yogurt and Stevia…but you see, I didn’t take a picture because I didn’t feel like waiting.
“*high protein *gluten free *vegan (if eggs omitted)”
But the combo was good. It would also be good with your cereal, or AS YOUR cereal with almond milk. OOH yummay!
Or, you could make this a topping for some muffins or a bread loaf.
Or you could just eat it with your hands because that’s cool too.
So, tomorrow I’ll have my other recipe up!
Hope you try and like the granola! It’s so granola-ie