That’s right. I did.
Couscous and Chickpea Salad!
Now, once I took a bite of this deliciousness, I was blown away. It’s so good!
Couscous & Chickpea Salad
- 1 1/4 Cup of Couscous
- Boiling Hot Water – 2 cups
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 1 tbsp (with hot water) & 1 tbsp (while fluffing)
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Lemon – Juice of 1 lemon (2 tbsp initially + 1 tbsp at the end)
- Scallions – 1 bunch – chopped (2/3 cup)
- Cucumber – 1 medium – peeled & cubed
- Plum Tomatoes – 2 – chopped
- Chickpeas – 1 15 ounce can (washed & drained), I soaked my own overnight instead of a can.
- Fresh Parsley – 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Paprika – 1 tsp
Directions: (extremely important for this recipe)
- First, put couscous in a large bowl. Put 1 1/4 cups of water into a pot. Let it boil all the way. Pour the water into the bowl with the couscous. Put the olive oil and salt into the bowl as well. Put a plate or a lid to cover the couscous to keep the steam in. Do not lift the lid for 1 hour. **you are not cooking this on the stove, so you can’t let the steam out.
- Next, cook your chickpeas if you are doing it like me. But if you have a can of chickpeas (garbonzo beans), then you don’t have to do anything with them yet.
- Go ahead and slice up your vegetables while waiting for the couscous to get finished.
- When your couscous is done, fluff it with a fork. Pour the garbonzo beans in, the vegetables, the lemon juice…and rest of the spices.
I served mine with Cod fish that was on sale at Publix. 2 packs for $10? Okay, I’ll try it.
And OMG, I’m so buying it again.
I let my dad cook the fish, and it was divine. Mouthwatering. Delicious. Fantastic. Flaky and tasteful! I could go on! I loveeeee fish.
“Let it thaw, let it thaw, let it thawwww”
We ate the fish & couscous and chickpea salad with green beans slathered in coconut oil and half a sweet potato!! BEST SUNDAY MEAL ever…or is it?
Off to school now!
Have a good day and hope you enjoyed this recipe
P.S. Dad, do you mind telling us in the comments what you did to the fish to make it taste so wonderful?
- Do you like fish? If so, what kind is your favorite? —I love Cod, Mahi Mahi, and Salmon the most!