Today…I started a new journey.
I’m taking my love for health in a new direction.
So, you know those awesomely organized people like Lindsay who food prep all their food?
Well, I’m going to try to be more like that.
Why? Because I care about my health and my timing of food A LOT.
Over Spring Break, I got to thinking about it, so I researched and read other blogs that did the same thing.
It makes sense to me to eat 5-6 small meals a day that are full of clean and real food. But lately, its been making more and more sense.
What’s better than having all your food prepped in just a 2 hours or less?
Rushing to get your meals together for the day in 10 minutes doesn’t sound like a plan…and most people get lazy and just grab a horrible processed “nutrition” bar or a sugary, no protein cereal.
And some people will forget to eat and there are drastic problems with that…messes with your metabolism, low blood sugar (which can lead to multiple things), insulin spikes when you eat your next meal, carb cravings, weight gain, don’t get enough water…etc, I could go on.
So, what I’m saying here, is that I am going to become a food prepper. A better clean eater. A more organized health nut.
Now, I am not going to give up on everything 100%…I would go crazy. But for now, I’m going to practice my willpower and show you guys what I’m doing.
In 2 weeks or so, my birthday is coming up, so I’ll probably eat something not so healthy. My goal is to GET there. Then after my birthday, pick it up again and go for another week or two weeks of being a more organized, prepped, clean eating health nut. And have a cheat day…then pick it back up, etc. You get what I’m saying? Practice makes perfect.
If you would like to be a health nut too, you can use this picture and write a post every Thursday called Health Nut Thursday.
In this post, you will:
- Use this picture at the top of your post.
- Show a collage or a list of pictures of your prepped meals from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday or the whole week all together.
- Write about the food, what do you have prepped, and your health thoughts. Did you learn anything new?
- Send me the link VIA email or Twitter and let me know, so I can put your link at the bottom of my post on Thursday.
- Why? So anyone else who does it or wants to join will be able to see how others do it!
So without further ado, I’m going to show you the food I’ve eaten today. And I’m going to try to take pictures of everything. It isn’t easy.
I ate a boiled egg and some of my healthy, protein filled Quinoa Granola in organic, unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
I also drank my green tea…and a big thing of water! Gotta hydrate!
3 hours later, I had half of a large bell pepper
Crunching away while in the library…lol
Lunch was leftover chickpeas, some raw spinach, a little olive oil drizzled, and another boiled egg.
When I got home, I made myself a protein shake. Lots of water and 1 scoop of Designer Whey Protein
First, I’m going to get some Anatomy homework done and then it’s time to get running! I got a speed workout tonight that involves 800’s, whoop whoop!
I’m looking forward to Thursday’s Health Nut Post! (HNT)
And it’s only Monday!
- Do you want to join Health Nut Thursday? –Let me know!
- Do you like the idea of food prepping?
- Food prepping can be done at night for one or two days…or over the weekend for all week long. Your choice!