Happy Tuesday, friends!
Let’s hit on workouts and food before I get any further.
Last night, I went running with my dad. I have been lacking on my 800m repeats, so last night, I managed to get in 5!
If you don’t know what an 800m is, its 1/2 of a mile and I ran about each one in 3min54sec…and that was 5 of them.
I was definitely worn out.
My run looked like this:
- 1.75 mile warm up
- 5X800m w/ jogs in b/w – 3 minutes of a rest between each 800m
- 1.75 mile cool down
I got around 7 miles in with the added jogs b/w each 800m.
Like I said in my post yesterday, I’ve started to eat cleaner and smaller but with more meals throughout the day instead of just the regular 3 meals and a snack.
Last night, I had 1/2 a sweet potato, freshly cut and sliced organic carrots with hummus, jalapenos, and lots of lettuce with salsa. Then I made myself some chamomile tea and hit the sack.
I was woken up from my little sister 10 minutes before my alarm went off this morning and that totally ruined my morning.
Breakfast was good though…
Oats, 1 egg + egg whites + salsa, tea and water.
And then my snack around 9:30 was same as yesterday’s…1/2 large bell pepper.
TODAY is National Spinach Day, so grab some spinach and eat it!
In the mix:
- 3 handfuls of chopped spinach
- 1/2 sweet potato
- Just a few spoonfuls of my Couscous & Chickpea Salad
- 1 boiled egg
That filled me up right away.
And I just finished off another protein shake like yesterday’s.
Sorry for the reused pics, but I find it silly to take pictures of things like bell peppers and protein shakes, that look the exact same, over and over again.
Likes and Dislikes of Alabama
1) Great running communities throughout the state. BTC is amazing!
2) It’s close to Florida and Tennessee, which are great places to vacation.
3) There is Publix, a grocery store. Trak Shaks are available, a small running shoe store.
4) There are some cool places to hike, some beautiful scenery, sunsets, etc.
5) Can’t think of anymore
1) Horrible weather. One minute its beautiful outside, next minute its thunder storming. One day its freezing outside, the next day its 20 degrees warmer. The humidity is awful.
2) Living in AL, people assume you are country “rednecks” or something (I mean look at characters in movies that portray someone from AL, they make them sound way over exaggerated), and that may be for some people, but definitely not me. I still think I should be living in either CO or Boston, MA.
3) There is absolutely nothing to do…I mean, I have to go way out of the way to find something entertaining to do. Alabama just isn’t the place for entertainment.
- What are some likes and dislikes of your state?
- If you could move somewhere RIGHT NOW, where would it be? –I would move to Boston.