Good morning all!
Let’s get down to business. Like “What is this 600 calorie burner workout you are talking about?” *First off, I burned about 600 calories, not everyone will be the same. It’s all according to how hard you push, your weight, and etc.
I love track workouts! They really mix it up and make things interesting. I haven’t ran in a few days, so I wanted to do something quick, effective, and somewhat easy<— (Found out this workout isn’t easy!)
I saw this crossfit workout the other day and decided to try it! 200meter repeats aren’t hard but they are tiring. And that’s exactly what I was looking for.
This is what I did:
- 1 mile warmup on the track
- Run 200m, do the 4 exercise moves
- Repeat that for 4 more times (total 5 times) with little rest
- 1/2 mile cooldown
- Run stairs from one side to the opposite side (3 SETS) (You can run it however you want and you could do more if you were doing this workout)
- Walk up the big bleachers 4X to finish it off
- Did some functional work like 40m skips, hops, side skips, jumps, backward running, etc.
Now I only did 1/2 of the workout (pic above) because I haven’t ran in a few days. But it still kicked my butt. I got my heart rate up to 183. Perfect.
Next time I do this workout (hopefully next week) I will add a couple more rounds and hopefully by the time I do this workout for the 3rd time, I’ll be able to push through 10 ROUNDS!
Came home to refuel with a Vanilla Shakeology smoothie with almond milk and ice.
I am feeling the effects of the workout this morning. Hamstrings and glutes are slowly getting sore. EEK! But that’s good.
I challenge you to do this workout! It can easily be done with a treadmill and stairmill or at home. I just prefer the track and bleachers.
Wanted oatmeal, so I had oatmeal.
I love mixing in coconut flour and almond milk in my oatmeal as well. It’s so good. Added blueberries, cinnamon, and nutbutter on top.
Leg DAY tonight! What are you doing for your workout today?
- What is your go to workout?
- Do you do Leg Day? What is your favorite move on LD? (I like single leg deadlifts)
- If you had to choose one breakfast food for the next year, what would it be? (I’d do oatmeal, can’t go wrong with it!)