add more pictures
Speaking of Nike Lunar Glide 5’s….
Marathon training starts today!
I will try to blog everything I do in case any one wants to follow along. I’m not following a plan. I roughly know what to do and I also have my dad, who knows a good bit about what a first time marathoner should train like. I think it will be interesting!
What I’m hoping:
- To run 5-6 times a week
- Have 1 big long run at the end of the week
- Incorporate 2-3 strength training workouts a week
- My HIIT will be on the track.
- Rainy days will be for indoor HIIT and strength training
- Incorporate bleachers and stairs for strong legs
- Incorporate functional exercises for strength
- Start 5 minute plank workouts again from Lori and Michelle (and get my parents to join in on the fun!)
- Eat a super clean diet. I have been going 95% this week and it’s really not that hard. I think that with a little more doing, it will be an easy habit to keep up.
- Don’t eat too much after long runs. (This is just a big mistake!)
- Run a 5k, 10k, and 1/2 marathon before the marathon! Not hard since they are all spaced out!
Shoes I would like try to during this training:
- I want to try Newton’s Distance U so much! I just don’t have $150 bucks It’d be a great Stability shoe though for marathon training (or even for race day!)
- Already know I’ll be getting the Nike Lunarglide 5s
- Reebok Crossfit Nano Speed – Tina from Carrots’n’Cake just got some and I think that these would come in hand for days I do crossfit styled workouts that involve some running/track work
LET THE FUN BEGIN!
- What races do you have planned for the rest of the year?
- Have you ran a marathon before?
- What is your favorite running shoe?