As I am writing, it is not raining. Still cloudy. But it isn’t raining. CLOUDS GO AWAY!
I started my morning off yesterday with some yummy overnight oats filled with coconut milk, coconut flour, shredded coconut, and oats of course with some toppings!
It rained pretty hard yesterday morning and I was afraid I wasn’t going to run. Then…something magical happened!
It stopped raining! I obviously went running for 3 miles. (Remember, I’m trying to build my endurance back from 3 weeks of no running)
Marathon training going strong!
I had a bit of trouble running, though. I was quite uncomfortable from Monday night’s shoulder, bicep, and back workout, that I was so tensed up. I had to stop about 5 times to massage my shoulders, breath in deeply, and stretch my back. Time consuming. Blah
And, yes, I wore both my HRM and Garmin 10. I want to be able to know my heart rate and calorie burn during my runs. I’m not going to do it all the time, but I find it kind of fun. I do look rather fashionable with two watches though
One of my favorite combinations with food is chicken and avocado. Throw some honey mustard in there, its even better!
And then it started pouring…POURING! And thundering, lightening, the whole shebang! My backyard flooded. As usual.
I chilled the rest of the day watching movies and cleaning. I mean, what else am I supposed to do?
I also experimented with roasting chickpeas with cinnamon and pumpkin spice. I did NOT like them. Yuck
But around 6 PM, I headed down stairs (my little gym) to work my legs and boot-ay. Yes, I just said boot-ay.
I decided to try supersets. It was a good idea until I was finished. My quads were quivering. They were definitely tortured!
Here’s the workout:
- Superset 1
- Barbell Squats X 15
- Air Squats X 15
- Superset 2
- Sumo Squats w/ 25lb dumbbell X 15
- Jump Squats X 15
- Superset 3
- Barbell Lunges X 10
- Jump Lunges X 10
- 4X15 DEADLIFTS
- 4X30 CALF RAISES
- 4X10 1 LEGGED JUMPS (each side)
- 4X30sec WALL SIT (Could only do this 1 time…legs were shaking too bad)
I also completed 1 round of Katrina’s Bikini Booty—Thailand Tush workout
Then I did a mini circuit I created on my own in like 10 seconds
- For 3 Rounds
- 10 donkey kicks (each leg)
- Side Lunge Jumps X 30 sec
- Bridge Hold with feet elevated on a basketball or any sort of medium sized ball X 30 sec
- 1 Round
- Hamstring curls X 20 each leg
- High Knees X 30 sec
- Plié Squat Pulses X 20
And, surprisingly, I made it up the stairs.
Egg White Soufflé anyone?
Here’s what I did:
- Take 3 egg whites, in a metal bowl (only metal or ceramic will work) whipped the egg whites by hand with a large whisk (oh geeze, that was a workout by itself), & after about 7 minutes, I had nice soft peaks.
- Next time…I will try stiff peaks.
- I then whipped in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and stevia.
- Placed in a dish (a ramekin will work or small casserole dish)
- Here’s the easy part: Cooked in microwave for 1 minute!!!! Ding ding ding! So easy peasy
- Yes it is a little eggy…that’s why I want to try this with stiff peaks to see if there will be a difference.
- But it kind of tasted like a dessert. Dessert for dinner? Yeahhhhhh
Then I made tea and went to bed! So exciting right?
- What is your favorite easy and clean meal you like the most?
- What is your favorite day of the week? —I really like Wednesdays and Fridays