Good morning and Happy Monday!
I actually like Mondays now. It means I have a whole weeks worth of clean eating and crazy, awesome workouts! Yes, I get excited for those things…
Anyway, I got back from vacation last week and really had nothing to write about so I just waited till today to blog. Gives me a fresh start and I now I have lots of ideas coming together.
But first, I promised a recipe! The Saturday I was on vacation, I made Almond Flour Cupcakes with Chocolate Greek Yogurt Frosting!
I made them into Mini Cupcakes! They were so cute and everyone ended up liking them! Even my brother liked them and he usually doesn’t go for this stuff.
I loved the texture of these cupcakes. They were very dense and satisfying so you didn’t want to eat like 100 of them. Which is a good thing!
The frosting was the easiest thing to whip up too! And you probably have all the ingredients as well! (TIP: If you don’t like chocolate, try putting PB2 instead of cocoa powder in the mixture)
Almond Flour Cupcakes with Chocolate Greek Yogurt Frosting
For the cupcakes:
- 2 Large eggs
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or grass fed butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (honey would also work!)
- 1 TBSP vanilla
- 1 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 C Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour (that’s what I had on hand)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cupcake holders in to cupcake pan. (If you want bigger cupcakes, you aren’t going to get as many as I had because I used a mini cupcake pan. You can also make a cake layer out of this batter, just make sure you grease and flour the pan first!)
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg yolks for 1-2 minutes. Whisk in coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites til STIFF!
- Gently fold in egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine almond flour, salt, and baking soda, and fold that into egg mixture. Spoon the batter into the cupcake holders.
- Bake for 25 minutes and allow the cupcakes to cool for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for Frosting
- 1.5 cups of PLAIN Greek yogurt (I used Fage. You need thick Greek yogurt!!!!)
- 1/2 cup (more or less) Cocoa powder
- Xanthum Gum (just keep adding some til its thick enough)
- Stevia (Keep tasting it til its sweet enough to your taste)
Just mix in all ingredients til its really thick. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes. Stir the frosting real good before you ice the cupcakes. You may or may not have some left over.
Well, that is it!
Happy Recipe Monday! Have a blessed day and a healthy day!