Today, I want to share my version of Sweet Potato flatbread!
After browsing through flatbread recipes on pinterest, I remembered I had some leftover baked sweet potatoes in the fridge. I immediately thought of a recipe off the top of my head. So, when I got up yesterday morning to make breakfast, I got started on the flatbread. Its SO easy, which is making me love this stuff even more. I can’t wait to make it for my turkey burgers or deli sandwiches!
Okay, let’s get to this recipe!
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Simply beat the eggs with a hand mixer in a large bowl.
- Add the cup of baked sweet potato (room temp)
- Mix again
- Add the coconut flour
- Mix again
- OPTIONAL add ins: 1/2 tsp vanilla extract/stevia/cinnamon/baking powder
- The batter should be a little on the thick side. If it’s still too wet and not holding together, add a little more coconut flour a tablespoon at a time.
- On a pizza pan, arrange parchment paper on top.
- Grease the parchment paper (I used 1 tbsp of coconut oil and it melted as soon as I started spreading it in a circle)
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture onto the greased parchment paper and beginning forming it like you would for a flat pizza crust. (This may take some time)
- And bake for 25 minutes!
I ended up adding a yogurt/almond butter/stevia mixture on top of my flat bread with some sliced banana!
I hope you can try this out next time you decide to bake some sweet potatoes! It really is delicious! Great for Fall, I must say. I added a little vanilla and cinnamon and it tasted so good! Can’t wait to make more!
- Do you like sweet potatoes?
- What kind of recipes have you made with sweet potatoes?
- Favorite fruit for breakfast? (Mine is peach or banana)