Good Morning friends!
Okay, so I don’t know about you, but here in Alabama, the weather starts getting really warm (in the 70s & 80s) in April and May! And that means, my runs are going to be crazy hot and sweaty ones.
I narrowed down some of my top tips for
running surviving in the heat:
- Always bring an extra water bottle(s)
Eat enough carbs (for your mileage). Not all at once and don’t overdo it. I usually have a good lunch the day before, eat a little light for dinner, then I eat a couple of Kashi Waffles with nut butter,1/2 banana, & chia seeds for breakfast 90 minutes before I run. but that’s just me…Find what works for you!
- Always bring coconut water with you and keep it in a cooler or lunchbox
(Here’s a link to a review on coconut water if you’re wondering about it)
- Bring an extra pair of socks (Especially if you live in the south west or south) You will be sweating tons and we don’t need blisters when running 4-6 days a week!
- Bring a headband, hat, or a cooling towel—- I usually bring all of them!
- Sunscreen! (Preferably an organic sunscreen that’s good for your skin)
- A group of friends (Ones that run) –You will be very happy on a 12 mile run if you have a couple or more people running with you. There have been too many long runs where I start thinking I’m just a crazy weirdo because I don’t see anyone else running this long and fast at 6:30 in the morning
- Listen to your body! Sometimes a 12 mile long run needs to turn into a 9 mile long run (Actually happened to me last week!!!) Or if you’re a marathon junkie, don’t beat yourself up because you can’t get that 15 or 18 mile long run in. Plan carefully
I love this quote!
Why long runs are good to do once a week:
Here is a great article if you are wondering… LONG RUNS
I hope to share a few more tips here and there this summer as I get into the hot, hot long runs!
8:55 for mile 5!
Juicing again this morning to start the day off right! The energy and clarity I get intaking fresh juice first thing, is simply amazing!
Question of the Day:
- Do you like juicing? If so, what’s your favorite combination?
Bible Verse of the Day:
Hebrews 12:2 (KJV)
2 “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.”