***Warning: I made this for my Birthday Cheat Meal. I do not believe in anyway, that this is a clean eating recipe!
So, my birthday is tomorrow (April 6), but we’ll be pretty busy…so I decided to do my cheat meal today. A Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich! I’ve actually NEVER had one before! Shocker…because this one tasted so good! I don’t know why I’ve never eaten one. But this homemade sandwich was perfect! I’m just like in awe how mouthwatering meat and cheese sandwiches can be. Haha! There’s a foodie for ya!
Anyway, I’ll be 19 tomorrow and it will be my last teen year! Next year I’ll be 20!!! Oh gosh!
I started this blog when I was 17, 4 months before I turned 18. So weird how time flies by so quickly. I’ve definitely learned a lot since then.
If you have a blog…How old were you when you started yours? Has it been an experience? Has it helped you grow in different areas of your life?
Okay, here’s the recipe for the Philly Cheese Steak with step by step directions for your use!
Easy Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches
(with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and cheese of choice)
Made: 6 Time: 45 minutes *Not clean eating
- 1.5 lbs ribeye steaks (sliced thinly and then chopped roughly)
- 6 hoagie rolls (Used the Publix hoagie rolls—really good)
- 2 medium bell peppers
- 1 large white onion
- 8oz package of mushrooms (sliced)
- 1-2 tbsp KerryGold grassfed butter
- salt & pepper
- garlic salt
- 12 slices of provolone or muenster cheese
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Layout a pan with 6 pieces of foil large enough to wrap the hoagie with after its been stuffed.
- Heat a large skillet medium/high with 1 tbsp or so with butter. Slice the mushrooms, onion, and bell pepper thinly and cook in the skillet. Season with salt, pepper, and garlic salt.
- While the mushrooms, onions, and bell peppers are cooking…thinly slice and chop the meat and start cooking in another large skillet with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then I moved the cooked meat in to the skillet with the cooked mushrooms, onions, and peppers.
- I took three portions (or you could just do 2 portions) to add to the empty skillet and heat back up. Lay 2 slices of cheese onto each portion. Let it slightly melt and then add it to the sliced hoagie roll and wrap each one tightly in foil. Repeat, till you have all the portions heated up with the sliced cheese and wrapped in foil.
- Place all the wrapped hoagies on a pan and place in the preheated oven for 5-10 minutes or even up to 15 minutes (if you aren’t in a hurry) to get the hoagie roll warm and soft and the cheese melted all the way.
- Take out and bon appetit!
I’m going to go enjoy the rest of this beautiful Saturday! Enjoy the recipe!