Do you ever get hungry at obscene hours during the afternoon and late at night? Yeah, me too. I’m a victim. Growing up, I didn’t really understand that. I thought I had a some sort of problem and no one ever taught me about how to eat properly to not have that happen.
I’m sharing my today, 3 simple foods to curb the cravings. These are foods you probably already have in your house, and if not, please go get them!
I thought this was rather interesting and I’m sharing it. The article link is on SOURCE down below.
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
“Avoid extra visits to your doctor due to unbalanced blood sugar. Soluble fiber in apples, called pectin, reduces the amount of sugar and calories that’s absorbed into the bloodstream after a meal. That’s good news for folks who want to prevent type 2 diabetes, but it also makes apples one of the best snacks for dieters. Apple pectin prevents spikes in blood sugar that lead to increased fat storage. It will help you avoid the blood sugar “crash” that leaves you craving more food.
How long it will keep me satiated?
Apple pectin can keep you full for 1-2 hours.
When should I eat it?
Eat an apple before or after a meal to help keep you full faster and longer, or between meals to help keep blood sugar balanced. Consider adding apple pectin powder to yogurt, porridge/oatmeal or shakes.”
#2 Bell Pepper
The fiber in bell peppers will help you get that fullness you’re looking for when you need something to help you curb those cravings.
There’s a thing called, Leptin. Ever heard of it? Well, in case you haven’t, Leptin is a hormone that is secreted from fat cells. It helps you know when you need to eat and when to stop eating. It does A LOT. Specifically, it helps to give you that feeling of fullness. When you overeat you can overtime deplete your leptin levels and therefore, the problem turns to constantly overeating and you don’t have the leptin to tell you to stop!
Bell peppers are one of my favorite foods to help restore the leptin. Even Zuzana from ZuzkaLight talks about it in her video here! Check it out to understand it more!
#3 Coconut Oil
I love coconut oil! I put it on EVERYTHING (that I can)
One reason I love coconut oil, is that it kills those sugar cravings. Seriously, take a spoonful of coconut oil and just eat it. You’ll be fine. You might want to drink some water afterward…
- Coconut oil is made up of medium-chain fatty acids (triglycerides). These acids produce a lot of health benefits. Coconut oil is a source of instant energy…much like sugar. But coconut oil doesn’t produce that insulin spike in your bloodstream. Saves you from the slump!
- It feels you up rather quickly…its kinda magical.
- Helps you lose weight! (WHAT!?) Yes. It is because of the medium-chain fatty acids in the oil. These acids are transported directly to the liver, promoting “thermogenesis” which increases the body’s metabolism. Just look into more if you are a little unsure here. I’ve been studying this for quite a long time and I always make sure I get my coconut oil in everyday. YUM
So what do you think? Do you take any of these foods daily?
- What’s your favorite vegetable?
- What’s your favorite fruit?