Hey guys and Happy Hump Day!
Boy, oh, boy! I’ve had some delicious eats come my way the past week at the beach and this week so I just have to share. Mostly healthy eats, a few are not, but hey, I was on vacation. I’m allowed to have a donut. But first, how do people eat more than one donut? Is it possible? I ate one donut and felt like I just ate a pound of sugar!
And a quick thank-you to our Host, Jenn, who always hosts even if she forgot what day it was! She’s the best
Here’s what I’ve been eating this week!
- Raspberry Greek yogurt
- Mahi Mahi, brown rice, broccoli, fresh baked bread, arugula salad with cucumber, bell pepper, and tomatoes with balsamic vinegar
- A few spoonful’s of Arctic Zero
- I’ve jucied twice this week! Beets, carrots, lots of celery, ginger, and 1/4 of an apple
- Sometimes after I juice I’ll have a couple of eggs and a slice of Ezekiel toast
- I made chicken sundried tomato & red pepper ricotta roll ups from a recipe I found on instagram
- For father’s day we had stuffed bell peppers, asparagus, peas, squash from our garden, and leftover pasta.
- Sometimes dinner needs to be simple…here we have: Napa chicken salad from EARTHFARE, CrunchMaster crackers, and 1/2 an apple
Here’s last weeks beach eats!
As soon as we got to the beach, we stopped at Zoe’s Kitchen and I got a Grueben sandwich with Greek salad…sort of like a Rueben sandwich.
These two pictures are from one of the meals we cooked while staying at the cottage.
It’s penne that’s been simmering in sauce, sautéed sweet potatoes, sautéed broccoli and zucchini, and Italian sausage from The Fresh Market
Another dinner…Fresh Market’s Rotisserie chicken, chickpea salad, and roasted yukon gold potatoes with baked beans (we just had to, yum)
A berry sorbet made with my Magic Bullet (more on this later!)
A breakfast we had consisting of Spinach and Sun Dried Tomato quiche from The Fresh Market, fresh fruit, 1/2 slice of TFM’s bacon, and some cereal
One of the delicious desserts I got to try out on our Second day in Santa Rosa…a Toasted Coconut doughnut. Obviously
Enjoyed some froyo on our third day out while bike riding! Amazing flavors at this place called Orange Leaf Frozen Yogurt in Rosemary Beach
Iced coffee was sweatin’ it!
I had this right after our 36 mile bike road! I biked so fast the last 4 miles, I was so hot and there was a cute little health store with amazing products right next to the bike rental. Zevia to the rescue!
On our way back home, there weren’t any amazing restaurants or anything so we stopped at some place called Santa Fe and I got a chicken and veggie quesadilla sort of thing. Wasn’t too bad
And that’s about it, folks. Have a great day and I can’t wait to look at everyone’s delicious WIAW eats!
- Do you splurge a couple times on vacation?
- What’s your favorite thing you ate this week?
- Do you like Arctic Zero ice-cream?