So, it definitely feels like Sunday and not Saturday! Anyone with me here? Also, I hope you all had a great July 4th!
Anyway, before I head out on a run, I wanted to pop in and share with you my protein energy balls recipe that I made on Thursday and you might have saw the picture on instagram…
Even butterflies like them!
Okay, that was super lame. Sorry.
These energy balls are great for post workout recovery…
To take on the go…
And to share! My sister and I refueled with one yesterday after our 6 mile run/bike ride!
As soon as she bit into the energy ball, she said they were delicious! HIGH FIVE for having taste testers around!
So, I guess what I’m saying here, is that these might rock your socks off if you like peanut butter and maple syrup. I’m in the process of making more of these today so I won’t run out! I wouldn’t share this with you if I didn’t think it was worth it, but it so is! YUM
Alright, let’s move on to the recipe, shall we?
- First, pulse the pecan halves until its created a pecan flour.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients together.
- Like the picture down below, once it is all mixed, form balls by taking a tablespoon to 2 tablespoons of the mixture and rolling together until it’s taken its form.
- You can roll these energy balls in crushed up granola or cereal to add a crunch on the outside, if you wish.
- If not, go ahead and line them up on aluminum foil (on a plate) and place in the freezer for 20 minutes-30 minutes then take out and leave in the refrigerator overnight or at least 5 hours.
NOTE: My gluten free mixture consisted of: A little ground flax seed, brown rice flour, & oat flour. I always have this mixture on hand. I used 3 TBSP of it for this recipe.
Because I left these in the refrigerator before I ate one, they didn’t fall apart or anything. I don’t know how they would do if I only left them in the refrigerator for an hour or two.
Let me know if you try these out! Also, did you check out my Homemade Trail Mix Granola recipe?
- What did you do for the July 4th?
- Does it feel like Sunday to you?
- What do you have planned this weekend?
- I’m starting Half Marathon Training once again, would you like to see my week to week training and fuel?