Happy Friday, friends!
Yesterday, I was in the kitchen hoping to make a cookie recipe I was brainstorming, but that’s going to have to wait. I ended up wanting to make granola clusters! But not just plain ole granola clusters. COFFEE granola clusters!
Yep, that’s right. Coffee flavored! I had some freshly ground up coffee and I thought to myself, “This would be perfect!”
So, with a little this and a little that, I had a recipe and I just needed it to bake!
I introduce, Coffee Granola Clusters
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Combine all dry ingredients together
- Then add all the wet ingredients to the dry
- Mix well
- I did about 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats but you could do less or more
- You may have to add more honey or more oats, just play around with it. It should fall apart but still have a rather sticky texture to it and clumps should form
- Spread on a greased baking sheet
- Place in oven for 15 minutes
- Turn the granola clusters over to keep from burning
- Place in oven again for 10-15 more minutes (keep an eye on it)
- When finished baking, let it cool for 10-20 minutes before eating
- For keeping, place it in an air tight container
The chia seeds make an excellent addition to this recipe!
The combination of coffee and cinnamon is divine!
The sweetness of the honey and maple syrup add to the coffee flavor which makes each bite taste like Heaven!
This is a recipe for those who love fresh granola instead of packaged! I promise, this will taste so good!
I actually had to force myself to stop eating it. It’s kinda amazing, if I do say so myself.
Let me know…what’s your favorite: GRANOLA or GRANOLA CLUSTERS
You can check out my other granola recipes here:
- What do you have planned for this weekend?
- Who’s training for a race right now? —-Thinking of doing a linkup once a week for running bloggers who have training blog posts (good idea? yay or nay?)
- RANDOM QUESTION: Organic or conventional—your thoughts? (Been learning a lot on this in nutrition school)
P.S. I e-mailed the winners of the QUEST BAR GIVEAWAY. Thank you to everyone who participated and I wish I had 100 boxes of quest bars to give to all of you! Look out for more giveaways in the future!