Hey, hey! Happy Friday, friends! YAY!
Alright, so I don’t have a recipe or a new workout, but I found this running questionnaire on a blog and thought it would be fun to do for today! I changed up the questions a little and added a few because some were meant for moms, and I’m not a mom…
Here we go!
1. Best run ever: I’ve had a handful of these but the one that stuck out to me most was yesterday’s 7 mile trail run all by myself. I seriously zoned out to the point I kind of forget what I was doing. I was just thinking about how thankful I was, all the people I’ve met through blogging, the fact that I have the best job ever somewhere waiting for me in the future! It was just one of those runs that made me feel like a million bucks afterward…even if my calves were sore!
2. Three words that describe my running: Competitive, always interesting, and weird. — To explain myself, when I see other runners I instantly get into competitive mode in my head because that’s what really gets me fired up. My runs and routes change a lot because I hate doing the same thing over and over again so I like to keep it interesting. And weird…because the weirdest things always happen to me when I’m running. Bird poop falling on my head, stepping in dog poop, tripping and falling on my face, meeting people I haven’t seen in 5 years, or getting asked weird questions from drivers.
3. My go-to running outfit is: Pair of black Saucony ruffled capris, colorful dry-fit shirt, my Nike ‘Run’ hat, and Saucony Guide 7s.
4. Quirky habit while running: I find myself running in waves…going from one side of the road to the other and repeat. It helps me refocus instead of getting bored running in one straight line.
5. Morning, midday, evening: I would prefer to run at 6:00 a.m. every morning, but that doesn’t happen. So…around 8:00 a.m. or 6:30 p.m. are my usual running times!
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: I won’t run outside if its raining really hard or if its icy. I can’t afford to fall and break my leg.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: Plantar fasciitis. WHY DID I GET IT? Because I was wearing the WRONG running shoes and not stretching my calves and Achilles. I got rid of it by buying a stability shoe, stretching, icing, strengthening my my feet and rolling my foot on a tennis ball.
There were a lot of times, when I had plantar fasciitis, that I couldn’t run and I had to jump rope for cardio. It actually really helped me out.
8. My Personal Best half marathon or marathon: 2013 Mercedes-Benz half marathon in 1:51! I dominated it! I was actually shooting for 1:57. I didn’t stop during the race either, which also totally made me feel like a beast!
9. Next race is: I’m thinking the Huntsville Half in Huntsville, AL in early November but we shall see!
10. Potential running goal for 2014: To get my time under 1:51 on this next half marathon. I’m so pumped! Answering these questions are getting me so excited. I’m going to go run now! Oh, also, I hope to find a really good running friend this year that’s into long distance running. There’s not that many people I know that are 19-21 who run like I do which can be disappointing.
11. What GPS watch do I use: I use the Garmin Forrunner 10, which I love! Its simple, works great, and its cute! I actually hope to get the Garmin Forerunner 15 that comes with the HR monitor, soon!
12. How do I stay motivated to run during Summer: This is a good one…I totally failed last year with my running and lost all my hard work and its taken me a while to build it back up. So, this Summer, I do not want that to happen again, so I’ve got a mileage goal I’m supposed to hit every week. So that’s keeping me motivated!
13. Favorite post run treat: Iced coffee and a protein bar!
Alright, if you are a runner and you have a blog, copy these questions and answer them!
- Pick 2 of the questions above and answer them in the comments!