Good morning friends!
(I posted a video down below, so check it out! Its short! And I look stupid, but its okay)
Yesterday morning, I posted this no Instagram…
And I promised the recipe!
Here’s what hers look like:
Here’s what mine look like:
Okay, let’s get to the recipe now!
Gluten Free, Sugar Free, Chocolate Pancakes (Can easily be made vegan)
- 1 very ripe medium banana
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 TBSP Egg whites
- pinch salt
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Coconut oil (slightly melted)
- 1/2 cup or more of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1.5 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour (or sub other flour)
- 2 TBSP almond meal (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Stevia powder (optional)
- Secret Ingredient (optional) Cocoa Goodness Love Grown Foods Granola
- Preheat skillet to medium and spray with oil
- In a bowl, mash the ripe banana, baking powder, egg whites, and salt together. Mix well.
- Next, add the vanilla, coconut oil, almond milk, cocoa powder, oats, and rice flour. Stir
- Add in the almond meal (optional) and stevia powder (optional)
- If too thick, add a little almond milk at a time til desired consistency.
- Next add the secret ingredient! I made sure to break the clusters before I put them into the mix. You can do any kind of granola you want!
- Place a couple of spoonfuls of the batter on the skillet for each pancake
- Let cook 3 minutes or more on each side
- THEN DIG IN!
Coconut Greek Yogurt “Icing”
- 3 TBSP Non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 3-5 Stevia Drops or 1/4 tsp stevia powder
- 1 TBSP Almond Butter
- Vanilla Extract
Mix together in a bowl until well combined. Should be thick. If its too thick, add a little more yogurt or a dash of almond milk.
Spread some of the “icing” on each pancake if you’d like
Top it off with Chia Seeds and Molasses like me and we can be pancake twins!
I hope you like this recipe! If you try it, please let me know!